Our policy lasts 15 days. If 15 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
Any item that is returned more than 15 days after delivery
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will notify you through viber, whatsApp, email, or by phone call that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com.
WARRANTY FOR OUTBOARD MOTORS
A. ACONDITIONS OF WARRANTY.
- Only the sole distributor of Honda Outboard Motors in the Maldives, MARINE VIBE PVT LTD will deal with all warranty related service or repair. No other party is authorized.
- Warranty is only accepted:2. Warranty is only accepted:
- On brand new engines bought from Marine Vibe directly.
- On brand new engines (only to engines sold originally from Marine Vibe to reseller) brought from Marine Vibe certified resellers.
- Warranty period calculation will start from the date of purchase.
- Warranty is only against manufacturing defects.
- Engine must be installed as per the Owner’s Manual.
- Engine should be installed on a suitable matching hull that is the right category with engine.
- Standard electrical items provided in the engine packing has to be used in all types of installation for any engine purchased. Warranty will not be applicable to any damages caused by using faulty existing electrical items installed on the hull.
- Engine “break-in” period should be done as advised by HONDA/ MARINE VIBE
- After completing engine “break-in” period, HONDA/ MARINE VIBE should be informed to recheck the engine.
- Gear oil used in the engine should be “Honda” Marine grade gear oil
- Engine oil used shall be Honda outboard engine oil only.
- In any circumstance none of the engine parts should be removed except the filter and Spark Plug without the authorization of HONDA/ MARINE VIBE
- If any fault is noticed, the customer must get an authorization from HONDA/ MARINE VIBE before using the engine any further.
- Warranty will not be applicable to any damage caused by accidents. If an accident occurs HONDA/ MARINE VIBE, should be informed and customer must get an authorization before further use of the Engine. During warranty period, all types of service and (or) repair shall only be done by the service staff of HONDA/ MARINE VIBE
- After the “break-in” period is over, when driving, the RPM should be below 5800. If the HONDA/ MARINE VIBE should be informed immediately in writing and a solution should be found. If a problem arises due to using the engine at a higher RPM, the warranty will not be applicable.
- Furthermore, HONDA/ MARINE VIBE will not be responsible for any damage caused by the act of the user (though engine may be under the warranty period), including but not limited to the following:
- Problems caused because of the water mixed in petrol.
- Problems caused by water entering into gear.
- Problems caused by not using Honda outboard engine oil or incorrect quantity of oil.
B. SCOPE OF WARRANTY COVERAGE
- A fault has resulted from the factory design, workmanship and / or material
- Such an application is made within the frame of “Condition of Warranty” mentioned above.
- Such an application is made without clashing with “Exclusions from warranty” provided below
C. EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY AND COMPENSATION
Warranty will not apply on the following condition:
- Any damage caused by use of the product in competition, racing, or use in similar special activity
- Damage caused by improper use for a purpose other than originally designed or intended
- Damage caused by and/or trouble resulting from incorrect mounting of the outboard motor involved onto the boat
- Damage caused by gasoline (Petrol) of poor quality
- Any Damage caused by neglect of periodic maintenance/inspection
- Any Damage caused by repair works or maintenance of which the method is not specified by HONDA/ MARINE VIBE
- Any damage caused by use of the product in commercial use such as taxi or rental vehicle, except power products
- Any damage caused by use beyond the specified limitations (maximum load, passenger capacity, engine speed etc) or operating the product in a manner that is not indicated in the owner’s manual
- Any damage resulted from the use of non-genuine HONDA parts, or non-recommended parts
- Any damage caused by work rendered by any person other than the one designated by HONDA/ MARINE VIBE to do such work
- Any damage caused by improper transport and/or storage
- Any damage caused by unauthorized modification
- Repair cost performed by an unauthorized dealer, service shop or a mechanic by distributor
- Costs related to personal injury or property damage
- Compensation for economic loss due to the product defect
- Battery and battery cable
- Any damage caused by improper maintenance and setup
- Customer should inform to HONDA/ MARINE VIBE after using the engine up to 600 hours for the service / inspection recommendation
- Customer may choose to perform their own service as per above. However, warranty will be void if done at any place other than MARINE VIBE service center
- Lack of proper maintenance and off-season storage as described in the owner’s manual and this book, improper service or mounting of motor, installation of parts or accessories that is not equivalent in design and quality to genuine Honda Parts
- Any damage caused by water entering engine cylinder(s) through exhaust system or carburetor(s)
- Operation of the motor at an RPM other than specified, improper propeller selection, use of fuel, lubrications, oils, and fuel/oil mixtures that are not suitable for outboard motor use and contaminated fuel
- Any damage caused by unavoidable natural disaster, fire caused by other factors, collision, and theft
- Any damage caused by exposure of the product to soot and smoke, chemical agents, bird-droppings, sea water, sea breeze, or other environmental phenomenon
- Growth of marine organisms on motor surfaces
- Failure or damage as a result of corrosion caused by stray current or outside galvanic activity such as the application of copper based anti-fouling paint (moored boat)
- Choosing an appropriate propeller matching the boat & engine horsepower is customer/boat builder’s responsibility. If not, a specific propeller is requested; engine is supplied with factory packed propeller. If any change is required after usage; the customer shall take responsibility to replace with appropriate propeller
D.WARRANTY WILL NOT COVER THE ROUTINE SERVICE ADJUSTMENTS, TUNEUPS SUCH AS CARBURETOR AND IGNITION TIMING ADJUSTMENTS
Removal of the motor from the boat and reinstallation
- Transportation of the motor to and from the HONDA/ MARINE VIBE service center
- Replacement of spark plug, shear pin, cotter pin, bolt, water pump impeller nut, washer, shim, contact breaker, anode and/or oil will not be covered by warranty
- Propeller and assembly parts will not be covered under warranty. However, if it is considered as a special case of defective parts by HONDA/ MARINE VIBE, HONDA/MARINE VIBE may review the warranty claim for such faulty part and provide warranty if the claim is considered justifiable
- Any modification made by Honda Moto Co., Ltd. Honda Moto Co., Ltd on an outboard motor will not impose any obligation on HONDA/ MARINE VIBE to make the same modification on all the products of the same model which have already been manufactured.
- HONDA/ MARINE VIBE will exchange damaged part(s) with new same/similar part(s) and perform free installation and repair
- There will not be any form of monetary compensation or otherwise
- The remedy described above is the exclusive remedy for any defect in products available to customer. HONDA/ MARINE VIBE shall not be responsible for consequents or indirect damages whether in contract, tort or otherwise
- If a spare part is replaced under the warranty conditions, the original (defective part) will become property of HONDA/ MARINE VIBE and will not be given back to the customer
**This warranty will be terminated if the customer violates any of the afore mentioned points.
**If service was performed on the engine, customer must pay for all charges for the repair including transportation, accommodation, and food, other than warranty issues.
**Warranty claim should be informed to HONDA/ MARINE VIBE immediately by fax, phone, or email and shall be officially reported (in writing) to HONDA/ MARINE VIBE within 24 hours of the incident.
Condition of warranty may change from time to time with notice and will be effective immediately.